To participate to the Career Virtual Fair and use Google Hangouts you need the following technical requirements.
Supported operating systems
- Mac OS X
- Ubuntu and other Debian-based Linux distributions
Supported web browsers
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
- Mozilla Firefox
Camera & microphone access
You’ll need to let Hangouts use your camera and microphone when you start a video call for the first time. On Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari browsers, this includes downloading and installing the latest version of the Hangouts plugin.
Video call requirements
- Broadband connection to the Internet
- USB web camera or BlackMagic device (other devices, like virtual cameras, may not work with Hangouts)
- Any 2 GHz dual-core processor or greater
Bandwidth for video calls
The bandwidth used by Hangouts is adaptive and will vary to provide the best experience on participants’ network.
Minimum bandwidth required
- Outbound from the participant: 300 kbps
- Inbound to the participant: 300 kbps
- Ideal bandwidth
Two-person video calls:
- Outbound from the participant: 2.6 mbps
- Inbound to the participant: 2.6 mbps
We are testing your system configuration. The requirements verification takes about 10-20 seconds.